Skip to main content

Friday by the numbers!

Today's weigh in - because I know you all waiting the whole week for this - right?!  :)

191.0

I am so close to seeing 18x.x that I can taste it!!  The scale was all over the place this week but today is the lowest from the week so I'm happy with that.  I need to start training again.  I'm still struggling with the blahs. 

The fun numbers this week are my BMI.  I hadn't checked it in awhile.
January:
5'-6" - 240 - 38.7

Now:
5'-6" (why can't I get taller as I get lighter?!) - 191 - 30.8

I'm still classified as Obese.  But in 6 pounds - one month or so - I won't be!  185 pounds puts me at 29.8, only Overweight.  155 - only 36 pounds away now - will put me at "normal".  which would be funny if they were talking about my character - but instead is exciting since they're talking about my BMI. 

tomorrow is my last boot camp at the location - next week will be the big test - I will have the at home boot camp and will have to challenge myself to still stick to it.  I haven't signed up for a Thanksgiving Day 5k but will instead run one on my own.  And maybe drag a kid or 2 along with me.  And sweet talk Hubby too.  Or he can man a water station - hee!

I still can't wrap my head around the weather around here.  I'm just blah.  I fall asleep early - I mean come one!  It's dark at 4freaking30 in the daytime!!  So by 8:30 it feels like bedtime! 

And "hey Kids!  get off my lawn!"

Yes.  I'm getting old.  But it sure beats the alternative!

Ok - time to get to work.  I'm leaving early today to go hang with the hubby - maybe catch a matinee movie!  We'll see.  I need to plan out my baking and go shopping for the weekend.

We're also going to pick up my new (to me) car!  Toyota Corolla.  Which has heat at my toes!!  My current ride is a VW convertible - which has defrost (thank God) but no heat anywhere else.  So my toes are permanently frozen.  The new car needs some work.  But hubby is a genius mechanic - among other things - so this car has come to the right home for some TLC. 

TTFN,
LauraLynne

Comments

Tammy said…
I've had a week of the blahs myself. Oh you will be in the 180's real soon. I love your comment and agree 100% with the sentiment, I would love to get taller with weight loss. I'm 5'3".

Enjoy the new car. My first car was a VW Bug and it had some sort of exhaust or heat that was right at my left ankle. Beside the defrost, it was the only heat in the car. However, if I drove for longer than ten minutes, my ankle would get burned.

Good luck next week and Happy Thanksgiving.
jesseybell said…
Yeah! I am right there with you at 5'6", 191.2 yesterday (well, that was before I went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner last night :)) But the next few weeks will be a challenge. But I can't wait for my scale to say 'Overweight'.

Horray for a new-to-you car!
Raegun said…
You've had some great results...now, go get some more! You will see the 18Xs in no time. ;)
Kelly said…
The 180s will be here for you before you know it!

Popular posts from this blog

Time to come clean - and start blogging again with NEWS!

I've been avoiding the blogging world - for a couple reasons.  My eating has been horrible.  Well, maybe not horrible but definately not brag-worthy or blog-worthy.  I've been embarassed at how much I've regressed back into old eating habits. The other reason is I've been keeping a secret but it's time to come clean.  I've been gaining weight - only a little - and with my doctor's full permission.  As of today, I'm 16weeks 4 days pregnant, and this one's here to stay!  I'm excited.  And nervous. And sick as a dog with morning sickness.  I've used all of the above as an excuse to jump off the wagon (and load it with junk food to drag around with me all day).  I've had chips and candy and sugar - and not in small quantities.  I now weight 205.  Up from 190.  But holding steady and fully aware of the changes I need to make - again. Mostly my problem is that I have morning sickness 24 hours a day.  It's like really bad mot...

Today starts no sugar

This feels harder than no candy and no chips. And it started by throwing the oreos in the GARBAGE. And not the trash at my house - no, these went into the trash at the bus stop. Bye bye. (I'm imagining some homeless dude chowing down on his amazing find...) Now I need to grocery shop and fill my house with fruits and veggies! TTFN, LauraLynne

Friday - updates - weigh in - deep breath

I'm in THREE challenges - which isn't bad - they're all somewhat related.  And they're all weight loss related.  So it's all good. I realized this morning that while I was frustrated last night - I remembered that I DID NOT eat the ice cream.  That's what made me sad.  But I should be happy that I remembered and resisted!  So today that's what I'm focusing on! Having my tri-training in full swing is helping me stay on track.  Food wise I'm actually not as hungry when I'm working out (go figure) and I think that the no-sugar is helping with that as well.  typically my day goes something like this:  7:30 arrive at work/eat breakfast.  10am - snack noon - lunch 2:30 - snack dinner is anywhere from 6pm to 9pm I also eat a piece of toast with peanut butter before a workout.  Lately I have been skipping the snacks - not intentionally - I just forget.  They were hunger driven (I believe in eating when you're hungry when at all...