Skip to main content

Brain games. They're brutal

Today's a rest day for me - I'm tired, I'm ... fighting the metal game.  When I ran yesterday, I took a different route hoping that by taking a longer route I would run more distance without doing more laps.  One of my worst enemies with running is boredom and then my brain starts telling me that I can't do it.  I haven't figured out how to make the negative self talk stop. 
Additionally, I am not running to lose weight this time.  At least that's the idea.  But I'm fighting 50 years of trying to actively lose weight.  I'm determined to love myself at every size.  But I struggle.  And yesterday, despite my best efforts, I stepped on the scale.  Which isn't the hard part.  But after 5 days of running, my brain convinced me I would have seen significant weight loss. 
Which makes NO SENSE AT ALL. 
Which is why I'm trying to focus on getting stronger and healthy and not on weight loss.  Because those numbers can really sabotage me getting healthy and in shape.
But the scale read 249 - same as Monday.  And my head...it's my worst enemy. 

No real point to this other than to share my thoughts.

LauraLynne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to come clean - and start blogging again with NEWS!

I've been avoiding the blogging world - for a couple reasons.  My eating has been horrible.  Well, maybe not horrible but definately not brag-worthy or blog-worthy.  I've been embarassed at how much I've regressed back into old eating habits. The other reason is I've been keeping a secret but it's time to come clean.  I've been gaining weight - only a little - and with my doctor's full permission.  As of today, I'm 16weeks 4 days pregnant, and this one's here to stay!  I'm excited.  And nervous. And sick as a dog with morning sickness.  I've used all of the above as an excuse to jump off the wagon (and load it with junk food to drag around with me all day).  I've had chips and candy and sugar - and not in small quantities.  I now weight 205.  Up from 190.  But holding steady and fully aware of the changes I need to make - again. Mostly my problem is that I have morning sickness 24 hours a day.  It's like really bad motion sickness

Onederland - the details!

Ok - so first a confession:  I'm still weighing every day.  I just can't stop!!  end. of. story.  So instead I'm going to learn to not let the number affect me as much.  *shrug* trying something new, that's what this is all about right? So - this week I've been sitting firmly at 200.0 - day and in and day out.  So close!! Friday morning, I got on the scale and WOOT WOOT:  199.0  I was pretty excited - it finally looks like I've lost weight.  I mean - duh - I've lost weight.  But that 1 in front, that really hit home with me.  It validated my efforts.  I know I know - I shouldn't be so tied to a number.  Call the direct line to my brain and tell *IT* that for me, please.  Unfortunately that number's unlisted - even to me.  I am going to try something new.  I will be doing self affirmations every day.  I will find 5 nice things to say about the person staring me back in the mirror.  I will do it out loud.  And I will be sincere. I want to b

NSV while in Vegas - the one that made me cry...

so - first I need to give a little back story here.  A group of women friends and I used to go to Vegas once a year for a motorcycle event called Femmoto - it was heavenly.  All the manufacturers were there to allow us to test ride their latest motorcycles on the Las Vegas race track.  Heavenly I tell you.  Several years ago, after a long day at the track, we all headed back to our hotels to freshen up and then hit the town.  The first part of the evening was to be spent shopping...you can see where this is going.  Let me just add that on the day I left for my trip, my work informed me that I wouldn't have a job when I returned.  Thanks a-holes.  The trip was already paid for so we went anyway.  I was tired, we'd just stuffed our faces at a buffet (my friends range in size from amazingly in shape to very normal - I was by far the largest - probably 225 or so at the time).  We hit a few of the shops where I watched everyone else in the group go in, try stuff on, bond in the us