Skip to main content

"Blog with Substance" Award!

I'm so honored that Glenda at Mind over Fatter gave me this - I really do take these awards to heart - thank you Glenda!

So in order to comply with accepting this award I have to:


1. Thank the person who gave you the award.

From the bottom of my grateful heart: Thank you Glenda!
2. Explain my blogging philosophy, motivation and experience in five words.

Honesty, record-keeping, accountiblity, inspriration, intraspection

3. Give the award to 10 other bloggers (I’ll do 5)....
 
Greta @ Big Bottomed Blogger - she's done so great both in weight loss (check out her before and afters!) and also in growing emotionally and conquering her weight loss and fitness!
 
Dr Fat to Fit  - she's always so strong - a true inspiration!!
 
 He Took my Last Name - setting goals, making plans - look out for her!  She's full steam ahead on her journey!

Draz at It's just Me, Drazil & Sheniqua - whootananny, exploding poop, and weightloss - honest, open, funny, and endearing. 

Keelie at Real Fat - go - read - now.  She's inspirational, funny, honest, open - and stylish!!  She's lost 53.5 pounds and is still chuggin along!

I read so many blogs it was hard to choose - I'm only frustrated because my filter at work doesn't let me comment on most of them!  ARGH! 

Ok - that's one...stay tuned!

TTFN,
LauraLynne

Comments

Raegun said…
Congrats on the award!!
Dr. Fat To Fit said…
Oh Thank you so much! You are the inspiration what with the running and biking and swimming and what not. Can't wait until I can catch up!
Anonymous said…
Congrats on the award!! :)
Bryan said…
L, send me you're PFG story and I'll post it on the site. I've got another girls story coming too. The site is Previous Fat Guys and I'll add Gals too. I'll just make some adjustment. So send you're previous fat gal story.

Awesome job by the way.


B
Dayne Gingrich said…
Congrats on the award! I love your journey.

My latest post, SHARE YOUR STORY may just interest you. I'd love for you to stop by Coach Your Mind and check it out.

I'm featuring other's stories because of journeys like yours.

Dayne

Popular posts from this blog

Time to come clean - and start blogging again with NEWS!

I've been avoiding the blogging world - for a couple reasons.  My eating has been horrible.  Well, maybe not horrible but definately not brag-worthy or blog-worthy.  I've been embarassed at how much I've regressed back into old eating habits. The other reason is I've been keeping a secret but it's time to come clean.  I've been gaining weight - only a little - and with my doctor's full permission.  As of today, I'm 16weeks 4 days pregnant, and this one's here to stay!  I'm excited.  And nervous. And sick as a dog with morning sickness.  I've used all of the above as an excuse to jump off the wagon (and load it with junk food to drag around with me all day).  I've had chips and candy and sugar - and not in small quantities.  I now weight 205.  Up from 190.  But holding steady and fully aware of the changes I need to make - again. Mostly my problem is that I have morning sickness 24 hours a day.  It's like really bad motion sickness

Onederland - the details!

Ok - so first a confession:  I'm still weighing every day.  I just can't stop!!  end. of. story.  So instead I'm going to learn to not let the number affect me as much.  *shrug* trying something new, that's what this is all about right? So - this week I've been sitting firmly at 200.0 - day and in and day out.  So close!! Friday morning, I got on the scale and WOOT WOOT:  199.0  I was pretty excited - it finally looks like I've lost weight.  I mean - duh - I've lost weight.  But that 1 in front, that really hit home with me.  It validated my efforts.  I know I know - I shouldn't be so tied to a number.  Call the direct line to my brain and tell *IT* that for me, please.  Unfortunately that number's unlisted - even to me.  I am going to try something new.  I will be doing self affirmations every day.  I will find 5 nice things to say about the person staring me back in the mirror.  I will do it out loud.  And I will be sincere. I want to b

Today starts no sugar

This feels harder than no candy and no chips. And it started by throwing the oreos in the GARBAGE. And not the trash at my house - no, these went into the trash at the bus stop. Bye bye. (I'm imagining some homeless dude chowing down on his amazing find...) Now I need to grocery shop and fill my house with fruits and veggies! TTFN, LauraLynne