Skip to main content

I might have to become a morning person...and a NSV

I've been completely immersed in my tri-training so I've been working out every single day.  And some days are 2-fers: 2 workouts.  Well, there just aren't enough hours in a day so I missed a few because life just got in the way and by the time I sat down at night and got ready to workout, there was barely time for one let alone 2.  So for 2 days now, I've gotten up 45 minutes early to get a workout in.  First day was swimming, this morning was biking.  tomorrow is swimming again. 
The big deal is that I got up early.  Folks, I am NOT a morning person.  I would be wearing 2 different socks and 2 different shoes.  But nobody would notice because if I didn't lay my clothes out the night before, I would go to work with no pants on.  It's THAT bad.  I suck at mornings. 
But I got up.  I worked out.  Blearily.  And then headed to work - and forgot to eat.  Mind you, I eat a piece of toast with peanut butter before working out (it's the right combo for me to sustain energy through an hour of working out).  But that's at 5:45AM (*YAWN*).  By 10am I'm starting to feel a little hungry but nothing major. 
And my energy level.  Um....I have spent 2 days resisting the urge to do cartwheels down the hallways of my office.  And if I was SURE I could do one without humiliating myself, I might do it!  I've still got energy for a run at 9pm and now, at 10:30pm, I'm finally starting to fade.  But all day long I'm up, alert, energetic, and very awake.
I probably have the no sugar working in my favor as well.  My blood sugar has certainly evened out - no 2pm Siesta time feeling.  The combination of working out and no sugar - well, I think I've found the key!  (eating sensibly and moving = losing weight - who knew?!  LOL)
Tomorrow is an early morning swim.  And then a late night bike (well, spinner).  And Friday is weigh in day.  I'm kind of excited.  I've seen each morning's preview...but I also know that my body likes to play tricks on me. 
In other news, I created a vision board.  Ideas and pictures of goals.  It was actually kind of hard to do.  I have a few goals - but most of them aren't tangible - there aren't pictures of being able to run when I want and how far I want.  There aren't images  of being able to look at pictures and love what I see.  There is no way to show the look of desire in my husband's eyes (ok - I already see that on a regular basis but I was *AH-OO-GAAAAAH* eyes like in the cartoons more often!)

One huge NSV I had today - I was driving in the car (as usual - communting takes 2+ hours of my day).  and I had pen that I put between my legs (I was tying my hair up with it so I needed one hand on the wheel and the other hand to collect my hair).  I actually had to hold my legs together to keep it there!!  I mean, it wasn't in any danger of really actully going anywhere I don't think....but I definately had to squeeze my thigh together to make sure it didn't fall on the seat! 

I dream of the day I can see daylight between my thighs standing with my feet close together (my husband says the boys call that "factory air" whatever that means!)  But I've never really thought it was possible.  I never thought a lot of things are possible.  I'm beginning to dream of endless possibilities.  And I'm loving it!

TTFN,
LauraLynne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to come clean - and start blogging again with NEWS!

I've been avoiding the blogging world - for a couple reasons.  My eating has been horrible.  Well, maybe not horrible but definately not brag-worthy or blog-worthy.  I've been embarassed at how much I've regressed back into old eating habits. The other reason is I've been keeping a secret but it's time to come clean.  I've been gaining weight - only a little - and with my doctor's full permission.  As of today, I'm 16weeks 4 days pregnant, and this one's here to stay!  I'm excited.  And nervous. And sick as a dog with morning sickness.  I've used all of the above as an excuse to jump off the wagon (and load it with junk food to drag around with me all day).  I've had chips and candy and sugar - and not in small quantities.  I now weight 205.  Up from 190.  But holding steady and fully aware of the changes I need to make - again. Mostly my problem is that I have morning sickness 24 hours a day.  It's like really bad motion sickness

Onederland - the details!

Ok - so first a confession:  I'm still weighing every day.  I just can't stop!!  end. of. story.  So instead I'm going to learn to not let the number affect me as much.  *shrug* trying something new, that's what this is all about right? So - this week I've been sitting firmly at 200.0 - day and in and day out.  So close!! Friday morning, I got on the scale and WOOT WOOT:  199.0  I was pretty excited - it finally looks like I've lost weight.  I mean - duh - I've lost weight.  But that 1 in front, that really hit home with me.  It validated my efforts.  I know I know - I shouldn't be so tied to a number.  Call the direct line to my brain and tell *IT* that for me, please.  Unfortunately that number's unlisted - even to me.  I am going to try something new.  I will be doing self affirmations every day.  I will find 5 nice things to say about the person staring me back in the mirror.  I will do it out loud.  And I will be sincere. I want to b

Today starts no sugar

This feels harder than no candy and no chips. And it started by throwing the oreos in the GARBAGE. And not the trash at my house - no, these went into the trash at the bus stop. Bye bye. (I'm imagining some homeless dude chowing down on his amazing find...) Now I need to grocery shop and fill my house with fruits and veggies! TTFN, LauraLynne