Skip to main content

Friday - updates - weigh in - deep breath

I'm in THREE challenges - which isn't bad - they're all somewhat related.  And they're all weight loss related.  So it's all good.

I realized this morning that while I was frustrated last night - I remembered that I DID NOT eat the ice cream.  That's what made me sad.  But I should be happy that I remembered and resisted!  So today that's what I'm focusing on!

Having my tri-training in full swing is helping me stay on track.  Food wise I'm actually not as hungry when I'm working out (go figure) and I think that the no-sugar is helping with that as well.  typically my day goes something like this: 
7:30 arrive at work/eat breakfast. 
10am - snack
noon - lunch
2:30 - snack
dinner is anywhere from 6pm to 9pm

I also eat a piece of toast with peanut butter before a workout. 

Lately I have been skipping the snacks - not intentionally - I just forget.  They were hunger driven (I believe in eating when you're hungry when at all possible  - besides, I get CRANKY when I'm hungry so it's in every one's best interest...).  Today I skipped 10am snack because by the time I was hungry, it was almost 11:30 and I was willing to wait.  Now I'm having salad, chicken, and some fruit for lunch - yummy.

OK - weigh in.  *drum roll*  195.6

HAPPY DANCE!!  I've been watching the numbers drop all week - but that doesn't always mean a net loss.  Sometimes it's just random.  But I'm 0.6 pounds away from being half way to my 90 pound goal.  I'm seeing a lot of changes in my body - I'll post a picture at the end of the month but it's definitely changing (or maybe my brain is accepting my shape - I'm not sure which...)

Challenges:
Going the Distance Challenge:
goal: 50 miles run in October
Total so far: 17.92

I'm happy with that - it seems like I would rack up more miles but it's only counting my running - not the swimming or biking that I'm doing.  It's easy to lose sight of that!

OctoberFAST
Goals:
swim: 24,000 yards
bike: 200 miles
run: 50 miles
Total so far:
swim: 6250 yards

bike: 37.9 miles
run: 17.92 miles

Another case of it seems like they should add up faster but I have to be patient.  I'm not fatigued, I'm not injuring myself, my distances and training are reasonable for my ability. 

And finally - last but not least:

GAG 2010
Goal:  pounds lost by Christmas
Start weight: 200.2
Today's weight:  195.6
Total lost so far:  4.6

I'm thrilled with this one.  One week - 4.6 pounds.  It would get me eliminated on Biggest Loser (my pet peeve about the show) but 2.3% in one week - when I've already lost so much?  I'm happy beyond happy!

The plan for the upcoming week?  Bootcamp starts tomorrow - 3 days a week (I think - I could attend one more but that might be overdoing it - we'll see how I feel).  Continued triathlon training - something every day (on average - there are days that life gets in the way and I just make up for it the next day).  I'm slowly bringing clothes out of the back of my closet - pants I haven't worn in a VERY long time.  Some 12's but the one's I'm most proud of right now are the Old Navy 14's - and while being in a 14 vs. a 12 doesn't sound like something to brag about, Old Navy has never made pants for women with thighs and a booty.  I've got curves where Old Navy can't fit for.  So being in Old Navy 14's is a big accomplishment for me!

Hubby is still running with me - my daughter's groups for running start this week so I'll be running with her and the group on Monday and Wednesday.  And my son will be getting ready for homecoming next weekend....life in the land of Chaos - never a dull moment around here!!

TTFN,
LauraLynne

Comments

Glad you hear you had such a great week - good choices and hard work pays off, good for you!
Unknown said…
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Congrats on everything you have accomplished in October so far! I'm calling it ROCK-tober! :)
4.6 lb loss -- WOOOHOOO! WTG :)

Have a super day !

Kelly
Paula said…
Thanks for visiting my blog. Girl...you totally rock!! Way to go with the weight loss and active lifestyle. I love your monthly goals in the sidebar. I'm looking forward to following your journey.
Dr. Fat To Fit said…
Three challenges? Holy crap. You're doind great. Glad to see the scale is treating you right. Maybe your scale needs to talk to mine and get him straightened up? Keep going....
Raegun said…
Hey there! I just found your blog through a comment link and thought I'd stop by for a visit. You've been doing great things around here! :)
Congrats on your awesome weigh-in!!
I gave you an award. Check out my blog!
Anonymous said…
There is an award for you on my blog!
The Me Within said…
You are such an inspiration I am so proud of you!

I hope your doing well! I miss talkin with you. Looks like life is doing well for you. Hey I gave you another award. Stop by and pick it up when you get a chance.

Miss talkin to ya!
Shannon - The Me Within

Popular posts from this blog

Time to come clean - and start blogging again with NEWS!

I've been avoiding the blogging world - for a couple reasons.  My eating has been horrible.  Well, maybe not horrible but definately not brag-worthy or blog-worthy.  I've been embarassed at how much I've regressed back into old eating habits. The other reason is I've been keeping a secret but it's time to come clean.  I've been gaining weight - only a little - and with my doctor's full permission.  As of today, I'm 16weeks 4 days pregnant, and this one's here to stay!  I'm excited.  And nervous. And sick as a dog with morning sickness.  I've used all of the above as an excuse to jump off the wagon (and load it with junk food to drag around with me all day).  I've had chips and candy and sugar - and not in small quantities.  I now weight 205.  Up from 190.  But holding steady and fully aware of the changes I need to make - again. Mostly my problem is that I have morning sickness 24 hours a day.  It's like really bad motion sickness

Onederland - the details!

Ok - so first a confession:  I'm still weighing every day.  I just can't stop!!  end. of. story.  So instead I'm going to learn to not let the number affect me as much.  *shrug* trying something new, that's what this is all about right? So - this week I've been sitting firmly at 200.0 - day and in and day out.  So close!! Friday morning, I got on the scale and WOOT WOOT:  199.0  I was pretty excited - it finally looks like I've lost weight.  I mean - duh - I've lost weight.  But that 1 in front, that really hit home with me.  It validated my efforts.  I know I know - I shouldn't be so tied to a number.  Call the direct line to my brain and tell *IT* that for me, please.  Unfortunately that number's unlisted - even to me.  I am going to try something new.  I will be doing self affirmations every day.  I will find 5 nice things to say about the person staring me back in the mirror.  I will do it out loud.  And I will be sincere. I want to b

Today starts no sugar

This feels harder than no candy and no chips. And it started by throwing the oreos in the GARBAGE. And not the trash at my house - no, these went into the trash at the bus stop. Bye bye. (I'm imagining some homeless dude chowing down on his amazing find...) Now I need to grocery shop and fill my house with fruits and veggies! TTFN, LauraLynne