Skip to main content

quick update - and a huge NSV

I'm still training my butt off - literally!  I'm keeping up with the schedule I set and I'm excited to see progress!  My run times are down, my swimming is good - biking I have no way of measuring.  Boot camp went well, I didn't feel out of place OR out of shape!  All victories!

NSV yesterday that was huge for me...
When I left work and headed for the bus, it was still early - buses to my car only come every 15 min. instead of every 7 during peak hours.  So if I missed it, I was going to be home a precious 15 minutes later.  And I really needed some home alone time - it was a stressful day yesterday just mood wise.  As I entered the bus tunnel, my bus went barrelling past me - down to it's stop on the other end - approx. 1.5 blocks down.  Without thinking - I sprinted.  Yup.   Me.  Sprinted!  I ran full out for the 1.5 blocks and climbed on the bus.  Which - in itself is amazing.  But, even more amazing, is that I wasn't out of breath.  I wasn't winded, sweating, or left wondering if my clothes were still all in place from the massive amounts of body jiggling that would have happened in the past (how many times have I run for the bus, climbed on, waited to catch my breath and then have to rearrange all my clothes that slipped, slid, climbed, or twisted because of the running).  I sat down with a giant grin.  I could run.  and nobody looked around for the defibrillator - it wasn't an alarming situation as it's been in the past. 

I felt pretty darn good about my body and my fitness!  I'm a work in progress and I'm SEEING the progress - it feels pretty darn good. 

I've got several awards I need to post - I will do that later I promise! 

TTFN,
LauraLynne

Comments

Dr. Fat To Fit said…
I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS NSV! That's what is it about. Changing our life for the better. The little things is what life is made up. Feel proud!

Popular posts from this blog

Time to come clean - and start blogging again with NEWS!

I've been avoiding the blogging world - for a couple reasons.  My eating has been horrible.  Well, maybe not horrible but definately not brag-worthy or blog-worthy.  I've been embarassed at how much I've regressed back into old eating habits. The other reason is I've been keeping a secret but it's time to come clean.  I've been gaining weight - only a little - and with my doctor's full permission.  As of today, I'm 16weeks 4 days pregnant, and this one's here to stay!  I'm excited.  And nervous. And sick as a dog with morning sickness.  I've used all of the above as an excuse to jump off the wagon (and load it with junk food to drag around with me all day).  I've had chips and candy and sugar - and not in small quantities.  I now weight 205.  Up from 190.  But holding steady and fully aware of the changes I need to make - again. Mostly my problem is that I have morning sickness 24 hours a day.  It's like really bad motion sickness

Onederland - the details!

Ok - so first a confession:  I'm still weighing every day.  I just can't stop!!  end. of. story.  So instead I'm going to learn to not let the number affect me as much.  *shrug* trying something new, that's what this is all about right? So - this week I've been sitting firmly at 200.0 - day and in and day out.  So close!! Friday morning, I got on the scale and WOOT WOOT:  199.0  I was pretty excited - it finally looks like I've lost weight.  I mean - duh - I've lost weight.  But that 1 in front, that really hit home with me.  It validated my efforts.  I know I know - I shouldn't be so tied to a number.  Call the direct line to my brain and tell *IT* that for me, please.  Unfortunately that number's unlisted - even to me.  I am going to try something new.  I will be doing self affirmations every day.  I will find 5 nice things to say about the person staring me back in the mirror.  I will do it out loud.  And I will be sincere. I want to b

Today starts no sugar

This feels harder than no candy and no chips. And it started by throwing the oreos in the GARBAGE. And not the trash at my house - no, these went into the trash at the bus stop. Bye bye. (I'm imagining some homeless dude chowing down on his amazing find...) Now I need to grocery shop and fill my house with fruits and veggies! TTFN, LauraLynne