Skip to main content

geesh - I completely forgot. *sigh*

tonight we attended a car meeting - and ate at a burger joint.  I did well on my selections, no problem there.  And we went up to the ice cream cooler and picked out our ice cream.  I was so proud of myself - I asked for 1/2 scoop of each of the sherberts I wanted - Lime and Raspberry - my favorites!!  We took our treats back to the table and I was composing my "I'm so proud of myself" blog already (please tell me other people do this... and I put the spoon to my mouth and my brain finally kicked in. 

*I forgot*

no sugar.  Sherbert has sugar. 

So, sadly, here's the result:
A melting dish of uneaten ice cream. 

And I'm sad.  Not because I went hungry or anything, but because I forgot. I didn't even feel deprived necassarily.  Just disappinted because it's not easy.  I want this to be easy. I really want it to be easy.  But I know it's not.  I've lived it all my life - it's not easy.  But I keep hoping.  Like checking the lotto ticket you buy once a week.  You hope, you pray, but deep down you know the odds. 
Weightloss - and eating - isn't under a random system though.  They're in your control - sort of.  It's not easy.  We all know HOW...at least we have the basics.  We're all in the process of working out the finer details and finding what works for us.  But more often than not I underestimate how hard it is.  Even after a lifetime of trying to figure it out.
The good news is that I DID remember - and before I ate any (ok - it touched my lips but I didn't take a bite!)
And I was reminded again that it's hard work.  But I'm worth it...

TTFN,
LauraLynne

Comments

Dr. Fat To Fit said…
Screw easy. Nothing really good is ever easy. Not marriage not parenthood and certainly not losing weight. Give yourself credit. You didn't eat it. You caught yourself. Gold stars for you today!!
Wow, don't beat yourself up about this, I think you did fantastic! The key is you stopped and actually I think that was harder to do then to walk by the serving counter!!! So be very proud!
Crystal Escobar said…
Wow, your before and after pics are AMAZING!!! Good for you for all your hard work. I just came across your blog somehow, what an inspiration you are to so many women.
Now following your blog :)

Popular posts from this blog

Time to come clean - and start blogging again with NEWS!

I've been avoiding the blogging world - for a couple reasons.  My eating has been horrible.  Well, maybe not horrible but definately not brag-worthy or blog-worthy.  I've been embarassed at how much I've regressed back into old eating habits. The other reason is I've been keeping a secret but it's time to come clean.  I've been gaining weight - only a little - and with my doctor's full permission.  As of today, I'm 16weeks 4 days pregnant, and this one's here to stay!  I'm excited.  And nervous. And sick as a dog with morning sickness.  I've used all of the above as an excuse to jump off the wagon (and load it with junk food to drag around with me all day).  I've had chips and candy and sugar - and not in small quantities.  I now weight 205.  Up from 190.  But holding steady and fully aware of the changes I need to make - again. Mostly my problem is that I have morning sickness 24 hours a day.  It's like really bad motion sickness

Onederland - the details!

Ok - so first a confession:  I'm still weighing every day.  I just can't stop!!  end. of. story.  So instead I'm going to learn to not let the number affect me as much.  *shrug* trying something new, that's what this is all about right? So - this week I've been sitting firmly at 200.0 - day and in and day out.  So close!! Friday morning, I got on the scale and WOOT WOOT:  199.0  I was pretty excited - it finally looks like I've lost weight.  I mean - duh - I've lost weight.  But that 1 in front, that really hit home with me.  It validated my efforts.  I know I know - I shouldn't be so tied to a number.  Call the direct line to my brain and tell *IT* that for me, please.  Unfortunately that number's unlisted - even to me.  I am going to try something new.  I will be doing self affirmations every day.  I will find 5 nice things to say about the person staring me back in the mirror.  I will do it out loud.  And I will be sincere. I want to b

Today starts no sugar

This feels harder than no candy and no chips. And it started by throwing the oreos in the GARBAGE. And not the trash at my house - no, these went into the trash at the bus stop. Bye bye. (I'm imagining some homeless dude chowing down on his amazing find...) Now I need to grocery shop and fill my house with fruits and veggies! TTFN, LauraLynne